We Choose Virtues is a creative, intuitive and relational way to integrate character skills training into real life.
With We Choose Virtues, parents and teachers can focus on clarifying expectations through a simple, precise language and practical demonstrations, sparking conversation and growth...and kids seem to love the process!
Now is the best time to start. We Choose Virtues is the simple plan you need.
Be the parent or teacher you always wanted to be. With We Choose Virtues you can. Simply Inspire Character that Lasts.
The front of each Teacher's Virtue Card is a guide to explain twelve virtues, catchphrases and antonyms. The back of each Card has these five elements:
- TEACHER TIPS for why this virtue is important.
- The KIDS OF VIRTUEVILLE story gives an example of how a child might use the virtue.
- VIRTUE USER CHALLENGE shows how the whole class can use the virtue the whole day.
- DEMONSTRATIONS show ways the teacher can set up opportunities to practice the virtue and stretch the students' skill
- WHAT TO SAY AFTER I'M SORRY shows how to properly apologize when my lack of virtue hurt someone else.
- The 12 Virtues included in this set are: I am Diligent, I am Obedient, I am Kind, I am Helpful, I am Forgiving, I am Honest, I am Perseverant, I am Self-controlled, I am Content, I am Patient, I am Gentle and I am Attentive!
The double sided cards, printed on high quality card stock, size 8.5' x 11'
How to use this tool:
- With only seconds of prep time, and only 10 minutes of teaching Virtues each day, you will be surprised how fast your whole class will learn to choose and use Virtue!
- Simply choose one card to work on each week. The order you teach them in is flexible.
- When you have finished with each card, start over again to build a deeper understanding. You will complete the set 3 times per year, doing a Virtue each week.
Three versions of this product are available; Public School (Secular) or Private School/Church (Faith Based).
Your tool will be delivered in a padded envelope and shipped usually within 48 hours. The downloads will be emailed to you separately.
This tool was designed for early-childhood through elementary